They use these methods to defraud people over phone and SMS. | New Zealand
Unfortunately, scammers know your weaknesses and use them. Please do not buy anything over the phone or share your card information.
The most used fraud methods are as follows.
- They say you won an award / phone and ask you to pay Tax / Shipping fee
- They say they are Police / Lawyer / Judge and ask for money with different demands.
- They say they are looking for TV series / movie actors and say they will make you a model.
- They send a message that your appointment has been canceled and wait for you to call back
- They send a message that your cargo could not be delivered to your address
- By making automatic ring / hang up, it makes you curious and waits for your call back and then tries to trick you on the phone
- They try to make a new Internet / TV contract saying that your internet contract is over.
- They ask for an annual membership fee by saying that your site will be deleted from Google.
- Ladies from abroad ask for money to come to your country
- They ask you to make a deposit by advertising illegal Gambling / Betting sites
Incoming links with the message. Messages sent on behalf of major brands and call center calls. Even websites designed to deceive you. Caution, don't be fooled.